Many customers who are new to fiber-optic cnc metal laser cutters will have problems with poor cutting quality during use. Faced with many parameters, they don’t know how to increase them. Now let the cnc sheet metal laser cutter manufacturers explain to you how to solve the problem. these questions.
- The parameters that affect the cutting quality are: cutting height, cutting nozzle type, focus position, cutting power, cutting frequency, cutting duty cycle, cutting air pressure and cutting speed.
- The hardware conditions are: protective lens, gas purity, sheet quality, focusing lens and collimating lens.
When the cutting quality of cnc sheet metal laser cutteris poor, the main contents and order of general inspection are:
- Cutting height (recommended actual cutting height is between 0.8~1.2mm). Calibration is required if the actual cut height is not accurate.
- Check for the wrong type and size of cut. If correct, check the cut for damage and roundness.
- It is recommended to use a cut with a diameter of 1.0 for optical center detection. The focus for optical center detection should be between -1 and 1. This makes the light spot small and easy to observe.
- Protective lens Check whether the protective lens is clean, free of water, oil and slag. Sometimes the goggles fog up due to weather or cold air during paving.
- Focus Check that the focus is set correctly. If the cutting head is automatically focused, be sure to use the mobile APP to check whether the focus is correct.
- Modify the cutting parameters.
After the above five items are checked correctly, modify the parameters according to the cutting phenomenon of the fiber laser cutting machine.
Conditions and solutions encountered when cutting stainless steel and carbon steel
For example, there are many types of stainless steel dross. If there is only slag on the corners, the roundness of the corners can be considered, and the parameters can be reduced focus, increased air pressure, etc.
If the whole slag hangs, it is necessary to reduce the focus, increase the air pressure, and increase the cutting edge, but too low focus or too low air pressure will lead to delamination of the section and rough surface. If the whole is covered with granular soft slag, the cutting speed can be appropriately increased or the cutting power can be reduced.
It may also be encountered when the fiber laser cutting machine cuts stainless steel: when cutting the slag on the proximal side, you can check whether the gas supply is insufficient and the gas flow cannot keep up.
The metal laser cutting machine cuts the carbon steel sheet section is not bright enough, the thick plate section is rough, etc.
Generally speaking, the brightness of 1000W metal laser cutting carbon steel does not exceed 4mm, 2000W is 6mm, and 3000W is 8mm.
The bright part you want to cut must first be a good board surface without rust, oxidized paint, and no skin, followed by a high oxygen purity of at least 99.5%. Note on cutting: use a small cutting nozzle Double layer 1.0 or 1.2, the cutting speed needs to exceed 2m/min, and the cutting air pressure should not be too large.
If the quality of the thick plate cut by the fiber laser cutting machine is good, the first step is to ensure the purity of the plate and gas, followed by the choice of the cutting port.